FOREIGN FILMS AND TELEVISION SERIES SHOT IN MOROCCO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A 20% REFUND ON MOST LOCAL SPENDS.
You plan to shoot in Morocco :
– A feature film
– A television series
– A TV film
– A docufiction or a documentary
– A long form fiction for internet
If you plan :
– To spend 10 Million Dirhams, which is about $1 Million USD.
– To film at least 18 days in Morocco.
You are eligible for a 20% reimbursement of your local expenses.
Before your production begins, a request needs to be send out to the CCM, something Dreamaker Productions can do for you, this would include the following:
– Type of project
– Potential filming schedule for Morocco
– Total amount you might plan to spend in Morocco
– Amount of eligible expenses in Morocco
– Amount of financial support you are requesting
Within 30 days :
The CCM will send you a conditional approval depending on the remaining funds at the CCM production’s support budget and ask that you provide a 5% deposit of the amount requested. If you request as an example a 200 000 USD refund, you deposit a refundable 10 000 USD.
Once approved and the 5% deposit are with the CCM, you have :
– 6 months to start production locally
– 12 months to finish up the project calculated from the 1st shoot day
– 3 months after the last shoot day to provide all the documents requested and proof of payments eligible for the rebate
– Allow 6 months after you have submitted all eligible accounts to get reimbursed.
In order to benefit from production support, you are requested to:
– Release the Moroccan cultural usage rights (festivals, schools and libraries) to the CCM for an unlimited term 1 year after the worldwide commercial release.
– Provide a DCP copy of the film or series to the CCM.
– Authorize the CCM to use extracts of the film for publicity purposes for the promotion of Morocco as a destination for cinema production or tourism.
– Undertake to include the following in the opening credits of the film “This film has benefitted from production support from the Kingdom of Morocco” in the language of the credits of the film.
The CCM reserves the right to change this term or replace it as a logo indicating the production support provided.
– Pay the totality of due invoices to the local technicians, crew and suppliers.
– Pay all debt (s) related to the production before the submission of the production’s support to the CCM.